For each visitor to the Web site, GARDENIA ORGANIC's servers automatically collect information about which pages are visited and the domain name (e.g. gardeniaorganic.com) of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for Web site traffic audits. We also provide this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about our users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our advertisers.
GARDENIA ORGANIC may place a "cookie" on the browser of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information. A cookie may be used to tell when your computer has contacted the Web site. GARDENIA ORGANIC uses the information for editorial purposes and for other purposes such as delivery of features and advertisements, so GARDENIA ORGANIC can customize delivery of information to you without compromising privacy. For example, cookies may be used to ensure that you will not see the same banner advertisement too often in a single session.
GARDENIA ORGANIC may, in the course of providing services through its Web site, ask you to disclose voluntarily certain information about yourself. This could include information that identifies you or your household. Any information in GARDENIA ORGANIC?s possession solely as a result of your use of the Web site and that is associated with you or your household is considered "Personal Information." It consists of both information supplied by you (e.g. name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and information collected about how you use the Web site (e.g. the fact that you have bought merchandise through the Web site). ?Personal Information? does not include statistical data about large numbers of users, none of whom are identifiable, nor does it include information that you have posted for public view on the Web site or otherwise publicly disclosed.
GARDENIA ORGANIC uses Personal Information only for purposes necessary to provide the Web site and other products and services to you.
These purposes are:
- To process requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants
- To perform such normal business operations as billing, collecting and accounting
- To personalize and publicize the Web site based on your interests, including making you aware of editorial features, advertisements and commercial items
- To investigate complaints and to protect the Web site and GARDENIA ORGANIC, its readers and employees as provided by law or in case of emergency, as determined by legal counsel for GARDENIA ORGANIC
Except as necessary to process your requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site, GARDENIA ORGANIC does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing Personal Information for use by any outside company. GARDENIA ORGANIC also respects the privacy of data on your personal computer and does not access, read, upload or store data contained in or derived from your private files without your authorization.Links
You always may opt out of receiving future mailings or other information from GARDENIA ORGANIC. If the mailing does not have an e-mail cancellation form, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the type of information that you no longer desire to receive.Children's Privacy
The following additional terms, conditions and notices apply to use of the Web site by children under the age of 13 years whenever GARDENIA ORGANIC becomes aware that a user is in that age range:
- Users under 13 years of age may not submit or post information on the Web site without the consent of the user?s parent or legal guardian. Prior to collecting any personal information about a child under 13, GARDENIA ORGANIC makes reasonable efforts to obtain consent from the child?s parent after informing the parent about the types of information the GARDENIA ORGANIC will collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed.
- Although GARDENIA ORGANIC will apply these children?s terms and conditions whenever it becomes aware that a user who submits Personal Information is less than 13 years old, no method is foolproof. GARDENIA ORGANIC strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children?s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
- "Personal information"collected from children may include any of the information defined above as "Personal Information" with respect to general users of the Web site and may be used by GARDENIA ORGANIC for the same purposes. Except as necessary to process a child's requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site, GARDENIA ORGANIC does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing a child?s Personal Information for use by any outside company.
- If a child enters a game, contest or other activity sponsored by GARDENIA ORGANIC on the Web site, the child may be required by GARDENIA ORGANIC to provide the minimum Personal Information reasonably necessary for the child to participate in such activity.
- A child's parent or legal guardian may request GARDENIA ORGANIC to provide a description of the Personal Information that GARDENIA ORGANIC has collected from the child, as well as instruct GARDENIA ORGANIC to cease further use, maintenance and collection of Personal Information from the child.
- If a child voluntarily discloses his or her name, e-mail address or other personally-identifying information on chat areas, bulletin boards or other forums or public posting areas, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the GARDENIA ORGANIC site, or your dealings with GARDENIA ORGANIC, you may contact us at:GARDENIA ORGANIC
Attn: Privacy Agent
150 W 28TH Street
New York, NY 10001